Have you also thought of creating a podcast but don’t have the time? The brand-new social network anchor app will be good news for you. It is a true public radio open for any voice to join the conversation. Take it as a kind of micro-podcasting or Twitter for audio. Most of all, it is pretty addicting. Let me demonstrate the anchor with my first wave (that’s what anchor members call their content):
As you can hear, it is an audio conversation between different people. Any listener can talk back, creating an instant discussion. If you want, you can share or embed it on the web to spark a global conversation. Some of you might think that this is a step back as we are already in the year of (live) video, but please take a moment to rethink.
The entry barrier is much lower to start with anchor, and next to it, you don’t need to worry about how you look right now or if your background is appropriate. The personal feeling of just listening to a voice is captivating, and although I have been just four days on this app, I have to admit that this social network became one of my top three social networks (after Snapchat and Periscope).
It’s a lot of fun to listen to authentic humor, debate, knowledge, and inspiration. You should definitely check it out. Keep in mind that the upside of a new social network is always bigger than the downside.
The onboarding process is, by the way, one of the best ones that I have ever experienced on a mobile app.
While Android users, unfortunately, can’t use the app yet, anyone can listen to conversations published on the web.
Well done, anchor.fm! You have converted a new big fan! How does it sound to you? Feel free to leave me a comment below.
- The Yays and Nays of Snapchat for Businesses - March 28, 2017
- The Real Reason Why Your Followers Stay With You - March 27, 2017
- Social Media in 2017 – What to Expect - March 24, 2017
- The Elements That Make a Post Go Viral on Social Media - March 23, 2017
- The Most Powerful Strategy to Gain More Followers on Instagram - March 13, 2017
- Why Your Business Can’t Afford to Ignore Instagram - March 10, 2017
- Simple yet Powerful Tips to Improve Your Overall Performance on Periscope - March 9, 2017
- Three Baby Steps in Creating a Facebook Business Page - March 8, 2017
- Sharing the Same Content More Than Once on Social Media – Is It Ok? - March 7, 2017
- Why Creativity & Uniqueness Means Success – Instagram - March 6, 2017