There are many different platforms we are using every day from Facebook and Instagram to Snapchat, Periscope, and many more. It ‘s hard to fill all of them with great content, but building up followers is almost impossible if you don´t find ways to cross-promote your platforms.
Here are 5 quick ideas to cross-promote:
1. Q&A: You can ask questions on one platform and tell people the answer on another one.
Example: I ask a question on Facebook and give the answer on Snapchat.
2. Giveaway: You can run a contest with prizes on one account, and people can win it for taking action on another one.
Example: I ask live viewers on Periscope to retweet my latest tweet in the next 15 minutes and draw a winner afterward live. An excellent website for drawing a winner can be found here.
3. Teaser: You can start a story on one account and tell the end on another one.
Example: I explain the first three tips of how to something on Snapchat and will give the last two in the description of my next Facebook post.
4. Keyword technique: That´s a powerful strategy where I place a keyword in the first 5 seconds of a periscope stream which can only be seen by replay viewers, and at the end of my stream, I tell them what they should do with it, so they need to watch the replay again.
Example: I add a keyword in the beginning and explain to them that the first person to mention me with the keyword on Twitter will get a shoutout or another giveaway.
5. Story: You can tell a personal story and explain to your audience they can see a part of it on another channel.
Example: You can share on Periscope that you have finished your latest project today. They can find photos of the result on your Instagram profile.
I built up more than 400,000 followers in the last 12 months, so I can guarantee it will work for you, too. Feel free to use those techniques, and if you like them, please share this post with your followers..
- The Yays and Nays of Snapchat for Businesses - March 28, 2017
- The Real Reason Why Your Followers Stay With You - March 27, 2017
- Social Media in 2017 – What to Expect - March 24, 2017
- The Elements That Make a Post Go Viral on Social Media - March 23, 2017
- The Most Powerful Strategy to Gain More Followers on Instagram - March 13, 2017
- Why Your Business Can’t Afford to Ignore Instagram - March 10, 2017
- Simple yet Powerful Tips to Improve Your Overall Performance on Periscope - March 9, 2017
- Three Baby Steps in Creating a Facebook Business Page - March 8, 2017
- Sharing the Same Content More Than Once on Social Media – Is It Ok? - March 7, 2017
- Why Creativity & Uniqueness Means Success – Instagram - March 6, 2017