Have you ever experienced clicking on those hot images with catchy headlines, and then when you click it, it’s different from what you’ve expected? Most of the time, these posts are misleading, but almost every time… they are annoying! However, there are times… we can consider social media clickbait content to be smart – but only about 1% of the time.
The Smart 1%
I don’t want to make this post biased, so I will provide what’s good about doing social media clickbait content posts on your profile that leads to your website. First, you will gain traffic – probably, when done correctly, a lot! If you’re unaware of how these types of posts work, get familiar with www.buzzfeed.com.
Check their social media profiles, and you’ll see what I mean. It works for them because their content is about viral stuff; if you have a specific niche, and you have a business reputation to hold onto, this is definitely not for you.
The Bad About Social Media Clickbait Content Posts
I’ll start by saying irritation and nuisance. When you post something, no matter how many people notice it, there will always be a reaction. Some people on social media prefer not to comment or give their 2 cents about what they’ve experienced. Now, imagine the remaining few who are bashers and trolls. These people won’t forgive you for tricking them; they’ll do whatever they please, just to make sure you lose credibility.
The next problem is some of these posts will get reported, and for that, you’ll be penalized. And, when you’re penalized a lot, your account will either be suspended or removed. Therefore, this strategy is very risky. Plus,you’ll gain traffic that is absolute trash. You’re only getting people intrigued about the headline or the picture, not about what your website is all about.
To play this game safely, it is better you only post relevant content on your social media profile. Never trick your audience, or you’ll have some bad feedback. Don’t worry if your blog isn’t gaining a lot of traffic, at the moment; things will change eventually when you provide value.
- The Yays and Nays of Snapchat for Businesses - March 28, 2017
- The Real Reason Why Your Followers Stay With You - March 27, 2017
- Social Media in 2017 – What to Expect - March 24, 2017
- The Elements That Make a Post Go Viral on Social Media - March 23, 2017
- The Most Powerful Strategy to Gain More Followers on Instagram - March 13, 2017
- Why Your Business Can’t Afford to Ignore Instagram - March 10, 2017
- Simple yet Powerful Tips to Improve Your Overall Performance on Periscope - March 9, 2017
- Three Baby Steps in Creating a Facebook Business Page - March 8, 2017
- Sharing the Same Content More Than Once on Social Media – Is It Ok? - March 7, 2017
- Why Creativity & Uniqueness Means Success – Instagram - March 6, 2017