Are your social media posts making people fall asleep rather than encouraging them to engage? Well, if that’s the case, there are probably a lot of things you did wrong. I know how it exactly feels when your posts are simply ignored. Furthermore, the fact that it also lessens the post’s visibility/exposure can have a huge impact on your social media strategy. It can also drive you to quit as you’ll feel like your efforts aren’t going anywhere. Luckily, I’m here to help you change that.
Make Your Social Media Posts Connect with Their Emotions
My first tip that truly works is to make sure your social media posts hit their emotions – bull’s-eye! What do I mean by that? You have to connect with them using content they can relate to and should stimulate their emotions. To drive their emotion, you have to use descriptions or captions that can make them happy, sad, motivated, surprised, disgusted, scared, or even angry. It doesn’t have to be too much of it, just make it natural. Avoid using too dull or straightforward captions.
Just for example, if you’re in the fitness niche, you better add captions to your posts that inspire or motivate people. Refrain from making it too narrative or as if you’re reading from your college’s science book.
Imagine posting a great body and have this as your caption:
“This is a great body everyone should have.”
“Are you going to keep hustling or will you just sit there and be contented with your belly sagging out of your shirt? You choose.”
If you’ll ask me, I’ll go with the latter as it actually connects with them having some belly fat and having the actual choice to either workout or just be contented. It hits a lot of emotion depending on the reader’s physique. If the reader is fit, he’ll be happy and motivated to continue hustling and even comment something like “Just finished working out.” However, if the reader is out of shape, he’ll be sad but inspired to work out and will surely like or react to the post. It’s all a matter of hitting the right notes.
Respond to Them As Much as You Can
Whenever someone comments, engage right away. It’s not just them responding to your posts, it’s all about you as well and how fast do you reply. If someone asks, then answer. If someone appreciates, then say you’re welcome. I think it’s not that hard at all. The only problem is the willingness to put time into responding.
I know it can take a lot of time when you have to respond back, but trust me, people seeing you engage will instantly make them feel more comfortable. Think about it in real life, if you’ve witnessed someone asking questions to a receptionist and the latter doesn’t answer back, would you even ask, too?
The more you respond and engage, the more it will attract people to dive in. Most of your audience is just shy. To eliminate that, make the comment section enjoyable and relaxed by replying to everyone.
- The Yays and Nays of Snapchat for Businesses - March 28, 2017
- The Real Reason Why Your Followers Stay With You - March 27, 2017
- Social Media in 2017 – What to Expect - March 24, 2017
- The Elements That Make a Post Go Viral on Social Media - March 23, 2017
- The Most Powerful Strategy to Gain More Followers on Instagram - March 13, 2017
- Why Your Business Can’t Afford to Ignore Instagram - March 10, 2017
- Simple yet Powerful Tips to Improve Your Overall Performance on Periscope - March 9, 2017
- Three Baby Steps in Creating a Facebook Business Page - March 8, 2017
- Sharing the Same Content More Than Once on Social Media – Is It Ok? - March 7, 2017
- Why Creativity & Uniqueness Means Success – Instagram - March 6, 2017