Can you do me a favor and check your newsfeed on any of your social media platforms? Let me guess, most of the posts you see are videos, right? That’s no longer a surprise, thanks to mobile devices and better internet connection available.
If you’re into video marketing, here are some cool facts that you should definitely know to help pump up your game.
[tweetthis twitter_handles=”@1alexkhan”]10 Facts about social media videos that will convince you of its effectivity. Read here:[/tweetthis]
Video Marketing on Social Media
Without further ado, here are 10 of the most interesting facts we have today on social media video marketing.
- Videos on Twitter are retweeted six times more than photos. And video tweets have actually increased by more than 50% in 2016. So if you want your content to be shared and seen more quickly, turn it into video and tweet it.
- The number of Snapchat videos played on a daily basis is 10 billion. This fact shows that if you want a more active audience that’s eager to watch almost anything you want, Snapchat is the place to go.
- In the first quarter of 2015, more than half of the ads on Instagram (58%) were videos. On a photo-sharing platform, marketers preferred to use videos. That’s something that shows which of the two have better results.
- A total of 100 million hours is spent on watching Facebook videos daily. For a general-purpose social media platform, it has almost the same stats with a video sharing one – YouTube.
- Most of the people watching videos on social media, specifically YouTube, are on mobile (70%).
- In 2016 alone, 96% of marketers invested in video marketing to increase their sales. If you’re a part of the 4%, you should definitely rethink your strategy.
- One out of three online retailers has significantly increased their conversions through video marketing (91%).
- A five-star rating on videos almost guarantees a 3.76% conversion rate. The more valuable its substance, the higher the odds of convincing people to purchase.
- The peak time for viewing videos around the world is at 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM. So if you’re not sure yet when’s the best time for you to post, this timeframe should be a decent guide to start with.
- A whopping 73% of people successfully purchase a product after watching a video about it. If you can provide a video that will answer all their doubts, you’re sure to have some customers flocking in.