Now I am going to show you how to make a video on Snapchat without holding the button. You will see it is much more convenient to shoot a video handsfree. Here is a little video that explains it or read the step-by-step manual below if you need more information.
How to take a video on snapchat without holding the button?
1. From your iphone, go to:
Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Assistive Touch
2. Turn Assistive Touch on, then tap on Create New Gesture.
3. Press and hold on the screen until the blue bar finishes.
4. Give the gesture a name. I called it “Snapchat Record”.
5. Click on Customise Top Level Menu and add an icon.
6. Choose “Snapchat Record”.
7. Open your Snapchat app to record a video. Tap on the little transparent circle icon and select “Snapchat Record”.
8. Move the black circle icon to the Snapchat record button and voilà! You are all set!
What about Android users?
You just need to hold the video record button and press down on the volume button. It has the same effect, and you can record your Snapchat video hands-free. (Update from my lovely community (=YOU!). This Android hack doesn´t seem to work on all android devices)
[tweetthis]Learn How to Record on Snapchat Without Holding The Button?[/tweetthis]
What do you think about it and how would you use it? Please leave me a comment below.
If you like this little hack, PLEASE share this page with your followers.
5 thoughts on “How to Record on Snapchat Without Holding The Button in 2020?”
Thank You Alex, Been trying to figure this one out a long time now lololol
Hahaha! This was news to me, T-Free!
Happy to help out… Have a great day my friends! 🙂
There is only one disadvantage with this hack: You can’t record the gesture for 10 seconds (like the max. video length) so you have to record more and shorter sequences… > Chris_Bossert
Hi Chris, that´s true since the latest update yesterday evening. Before it worked for the full 10 seconds. Small bummer… 😉